Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Of Red Spruce and Flying Squirrels

They say you learn something new everyday. Some days, though, you might even learn two new things. Like today, for instance, I "discovered" the rare red spruce forest of Appalachia and the lovely little flying squirrels that call the red spruce habitat home. 

This is a Virginia Northern Flying Squirrel photographed by the USFWS.

For years, the forest and its squirrel have been in danger of disappearing, but recent conservation efforts are making a difference.



1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I'm looking for recipe you had a while back, it must have been an old post as I can't find it now. The recipe is called Calico Crunch Granola. If you could either post this or email me the recipe I'd appreciate it!
    Thanks so much,
    Christie
    pink_prettygirl_2004@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, questions, suggestions? Please share them here.